You’re confused? Don’t worry, you’re not alone, even the VAT officers find printing confusing. VAT on print can be a minefield but here at The Printing House (Print Buying Direct) we don’t make the rules regarding VAT, but if you’re unsure, then give one of our print professionals a call today (0870 950 8444), as some advice before the start of a project could mean the difference of paying or not paying VAT. Also if you are a small business or Charity then you may not be able to reclaim the VAT.
Here are some simple rules that may help you.
- All stationery items (letterheads, business cards, compliment slips etc) are subject to VAT
- Advertising material (Leaflets, Flyers, etc) is generally exempt, but any tear off portion or area that needs to be filled in by a recipient is subject to VAT
- Books are generally exempt along with Newsletters and Brochures
- Ring binders, Tabbed Dividers and Point of Sale (Shelf Wobblers, Shelf Talkers etc) are subject to VAT
- Banner Stands, outdoor banners and Pop Up Stands are all subject to VAT